Merit-based and need-based general scholarships are awarded, in the amount of $1,000 - $3,000, to qualified high school graduating seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
1. Must be a SHPE member to apply (You can become a SHPE member before you apply for scholarship: High school students please click here. Undergraduate and Graduate students please click here)
3. U.S. citizenship is not required.
4. Be accepted into or attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico.
5. Be enrolled full-time (12 hrs undergraduate, 9 hrs graduate) during the academic year. High school graduating seniors must be graduating from an accredited U.S. high school with a diploma.
6. Minimum GPA: 2.75 on a 4.0 for high school seniors and undergraduates; 3.00 on a 4.0 scale for graduate students.
7. Must be a SHPE member to apply
8. Major in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
9. Be pursuing your first bachelors, masters or doctoral degree. (Students pursuing a second bachelors, etc. are not eligible).