All nine of the world's nuclear-armed nations are modernizing or planning to modernize their nuclear arsenals. This is not only extraordinarily expensive, but also very dangerous. The United States alone plans to spend $1 trillion over the next 30 years to modernize its arsenal. Many of its proposed modernization programs will serve to make nuclear weapons more usable in conflict.
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $200
All videos must be received electronically by April 1 at 5:00 pm Pacific Time.There are no exceptions to this deadline.
A submission that does not adhere to all of the contest rules will not be considered for a cash award.
1. Contest begins on February 1
2. Submission must be in English (if language is used).
3. Submission must not exceed 3 minutes in length.
4. Submission must be on topic.
5. Submission must not contain foul language or slander.
6. Employees or paid consultants of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, or their immediate family members, are not eligible for a cash prize.
7. Video can be any type (traditional video, animation, flash, etc.).
8. Winners are responsible for providing NAPF with a high-resolution copy of their video before prize money is distributed.
9. By submitting your video, you are promising that you own all rights to all material in your video, including the music, images, script, and rights to include all persons, places or organizations included or depicted (see below for information on Creative Commons footage). The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation will have distribution rights for non-commercial use, and video makers will have co-distribution rights for either public or commercial use. You also agree to allow the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation to use your name, identification, and likeness to use, promote or publicize your video in any manner, without limitation, and without further compensation. You agree to indemnify the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, including for legal costs, against any challenges to the ownership, use of, or rights to material in your video.
10. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By submitting your video, you agree to release Facebook of any and all liability associated with this contest.