To Be Considered for a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship a Student Must:
1. Apply for a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship by completing the Initial Student Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA)* during his/her last year in high school prior to graduation. A student may apply online beginning December 1st of his/her last year in high school. This application gives the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) permission to evaluate his/her high school transcripts for eligibility for a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship.
2. NEW - An eligible student who graduates mid-year may receive an initial award in the spring term following the studentís graduation. The FFAA must be submitted by August 31 of the studentís graduation year (prior to the spring term enrolled).
3. Earn a Florida standard high school diploma or its equivalent.
4. Not have been found guilty of, or pled nolo contendere to, a felony charge.
5. Meet Academic Requirements for the award.
6. Must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is an annual requirement for Bright Futures eligibility. The studentís FAFSA does not have to indicate need; however, must be complete and processed error-free prior to a studentís first disbursement of an award.