The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), a worldwide organization of dedicated professionals striving to make our planet a safer and healthier place in which to live, will again sponsor an essay competition awarding scholarships to three young people.
Participants in this year’s contest will submit essays expressing their thoughts on “The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) has been in existence since 1926. Of all The IAPMO Group’s core competencies, which division do you feel is making the greatest impact and why?”
To acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives.
Must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
1. The deadline for essay submissions is 11:59pm (PT) on May 1, 2016.
2. Students must provide a copy of their full time schedule to confirm eligibility.
3. Essays must be written on the topic noted above, and must be an original essay.
4. One essay per student.
5. Essays should be no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words.
6. Essays must be typewritten, double-spaced. All citations to factual data should be noted in the footnote or in a References page.
7. Cover page should include student’s name, address, phone number and email.