Providian Medical, a leading company in the sales and service of new and refurbished ultrasound, MRI, and CT medical equipment, is continuing its annual "Providian Medical Scholarship" in an effort to reward hard working students across the country. At Providian Medical, we believe that education is key for anyone preparing to enter the workplace and embark on a career. To that end, we hope to play a small part in helping students achieve their educational goals with this bi-annual $500 scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, you must submit an original essay of up to 1,500 words that describes how medical equipment technology has changed the face of a college course and curriculum. Entries can also include a look toward the future and how this area of study will continue to evolve and advance.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of principles and employees of Providian Medical. The decision of the panel will be based on originality, research, and quality of the essay submitted. Any student planning for a medical or veterinary career is especially encouraged to enter, however, students on any career path are also welcome to apply.
Requirements for entry:
1. Must be enrolled at an accredited high school, college or university in the United States
2. Must be either in your final year of high school or enrolled at the undergraduate level in "good standing"
3. Must be age 16 or older
4. Must be attending a U.S.-based institution
5. Must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent)
6. Entries must be post marked by June 21st for our Summer Entry Deadline or Jan 15th for our Winter Entry Deadline
1. There is no formal entry form; simply follow the instructions on this page
2. No email or fax entries will be accepted. Entries must be sent by U.S. mail
3. No additional material or documentation (such as tax returns, letters of recommendation, etc.) is needed or accepted
4. Each entry should include the following: printed copy of your essay with your complete contact information on each page (full name, address, email address and phone number) and a statement or transcript showing your current cumulative GPA (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).