Facility operation managers perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Direct the maintenance and repair of an establishment's machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
B. Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs
C. Co-ordinate cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations
D. Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services
E. Plan and manage a facility's maintenance budget
F. Hire, train and supervise staff.
G. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate
H. Oversee the leasing of space in the facility and the included real estate and the development of marketing strategies
I. Plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security and snow removal
J. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects to modify commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and real estate
K. Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of real estate infrastructures including machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
L. Plan and manage the facility's operations budget
M. Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility
N. Hire, train and supervise staff.
1. Wholesale trade - 19.0%
2. Transportation and warehousing - 11.0%
3. Real estate and rental and leasing - 9.0%
4. Arts entertainment and recreation - 8.0%
5. Public administration - 6.0%
6. Retail trade - 6.0%
7. Administrative and support waste management and remediation services - 6.0%
1. You usually need a high school diploma.
2. You need several years' experience as a qualified tradesperson in a relevant trade.
3. You may need trade certification in the province/territory where you'll work.
4. Almost 2 in 5 have either a community college diploma or a undergraduate university degree.
3. Machine Shop
4. Industrial Arts
The average hourly wages for Contractors and Supervisors, Trades and Related Workers is $23.23/HR, which is above average for occupations in the trades, transport and equipment operators sector and above average for all technical, professional, and skilled occupations. These wages grew at a below-average rate from 2002 to 2004.