Post-secondary teaching assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
B. Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
C. Assist in preparation and administration of examinations
D. Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
1. Educational services - 90.0%
2. Scientific research and development services - 3.0%
3. Health care and social assistance - 3.0%
1. Enrolment in a university, college or CEGEP program is required.
2. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree and almost 3 in 10 have a graduate degree.
1. English (Communication)
2. Your Choice of Specialty: Science, Business, Math, History
The average hourly wages for Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants is $18.30/HR, which is below average for occupations in the social science, education, government service and religion and are below average for all professional occupations. These wages grew at an average rate from 2002 to 2004.