Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Evaluate customer service and store environments
B. Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
C. Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
D. Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
E. Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
F. Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
G. Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
1. Management scientific and technical consulting services - 15.0%
2. Public administration - 13.0%
3. Finance and insurance - 8.0%
4. Other professional scientific and technical services - 7.0%
5. Wholesale trade - 7.0%
6. Information and cultural industries - 6.0%
7. Advertising and related services - 5.0%
1. You need a bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration.
2. You may need certification as a Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D).
3. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a manager.
4. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.
4. Computer-related courses
The average hourly wages for Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants is $26.22/HR, which is close to the average for occupations in the social science, education, government service and religion and are close to the average for all professional occupations. These wages grew at an above-average rate from 2002 to 2004.