Management consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
B. Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
C. Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
D. Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
E. Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
F. Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
G. Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
1. Management scientific and technical consulting services - 37.0%
2. Advertising and related services - 8.0%
3. Information and cultural industries - 6.0%
4. Financial and insurance - 5.0%
5. Administrative and support waste management and remediation services - 4.0%
6. Public administration - 4.0%
7. Wholesale trade - 3.0%
1. You usually need a bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration or commerce.
2. You may need a graduate degree in business administration.
3. To be a management consultant, you may need certification by a management consulting association in the province/territory where you'll work.
4. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a manager or senior manager.
5. Many recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 3 in 10 have a graduate degree.
4. Computer-related courses
The average hourly wages for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management is $27.50/HR, which is above average for occupations in the business, finance and administration sector and are close to average for all professional occupations. These wages grew at an average rate from 2002 to 2004.