Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
B. Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds
C. Sell travellers' cheques, foreign currency and money orders
D. Balance daily transactions using computer programs, calculators and adding machines
E. Sort and file deposit slips and cheques
F. Prepare customer statements and other correspondence for mailing
G. Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts.
1. You must have a high school diploma.
2. You may also need a business college diploma as well as on-the-job training.
3. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a supervisor.
4. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 2 in 5 have a undergraduate university degree.
2. Computer Basics - Word and Excel
The average hourly wages for Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services is $13.85/HR, which is below average for occupations in the business, finance and administration sector and are close to the average for all intermediate occupations. These wages grew at an average rate from 2002 to 2004.