1. You must have a high school diploma. You may also need a college diploma or university degree.
2. You usually need experience in sales or in an occupation related to the product/service being sold.
3. You may need fluency in a specific foreign language and foreign work or travel experience to obtain employment with a company that imports/exports goods or services.
4. You may obtain voluntary certification from the Canadian Professional Sales Association.
5. With additional training or experience, you may move up the ranks to become a sales manager.
6. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate univeristy degree