1. You need a bachelor's degree in education and a provincial/territorial teaching certificate.
2. You need additional training or specialization during your bachelor's degree studies to specialize in special education or second-language instruction.
3. You need additional certification to teach English or French as a second language.
4. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become an education consultant or school principal.
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.