1. To work in this field, you usually need a high school diploma and specialized training at college, university or private institutes in your specialty.
2. You usually need supervised practical training.
3. You also usually need registration or certification with a professional association.
4. You may need a licence in the province/territory where you'll work.
5. To be an ambulance attendant, paramedic or emergency vehicle operator, you need an appropriate driver's licence.
6. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma.