1. You must have a doctorate degree in your field of specialization.
2. If you teach in a professionally regulated field (such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law), you may require a licence or professional certification.
3. You need the necessary certification or licensing to practise in your field of specialization.
4. With experience as a university professor, you may move up the ranks to a more senior position within your department, faculty or university.
5. Most recent entrants have a graduate degree.