1. To be a therapy or assessment professional, you need a college or university program in your area of work, a period of supervised training, and credentials such as a licence or membership in a professional association.
2. To be an audiologist or speech-language pathologist, you need a master's degree or equivalent in your chosen area of practice. You may need certification with a professional association and a licence in the province/territory where you'll work.
3. To be a physiotherapist, you must have a professional master's degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training. To practise, you need a licence or registration in the province/territory where you'll work.
4. To be an occupational therapist, you need a university degree in occupational therapy--an accredited program that includes supervised field work. You also need a licence in the province/territory where you'll work, except in British Columbia.
5. To be an art therapist, you need a graduate degree in art therapy.
6. To be a dance therapist, you must have a bachelor's degree in psychology or dance/movement therapy, or an approved graduate program in dance/movement therapy.