1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma.
2. Employers usually provide on-the-job training and may provide formal training.
3. You may need experience in operating various machines as a labourer or utility maintenance worker.
4. You may need an industrial first-aid certificate.
5. To be a pulp mill machine operator, you may need a college diploma in forest products processing or a related subject.
6. To be a wood processing or sawmill machine operator, you may need college or company courses.