1. To be a transportation officer or controller, you usually need a high school diploma and specialized training in your area of transportation.
2. You may need certification or a special licence such as pilot's, air traffic control or radio licence.
3. You may need training, special certificates, and endorsements from Transport Canada.
4. To be a transportation officer or controller who works on ships and other vessels, you must usually complete a cadet program at a nautical or marine training institute or have several years' experience.
5. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma and almost 3 in 10 have a undergraduate university degree.
6. To be air traffic controller and flight services specialists, you usually need a high school diploma and specialized training provided by NAV Canada or the Canadian Forces.