1. To be a college or vocational instructor, you must have a college diploma, bachelor's degree or demonstrated expertise in your field of instruction.
2. You may need a master's degree or certificate, diploma or degree in adult education.
3. To be a trade instructor, you need trade certification and completion of apprenticeship training. You may need additional courses in teaching or a provincial/territorial teaching certificate.
4. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become an administrative head.
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree and almost 3 in 10 have a graduate degree.