1. In general, you must finish high school, graduate from a certified flying or aviation school, and have a commercial pilot's licence or an air transport pilot's licence.
2. You may also need a university degree or college diploma.
3. To be a pilot, you may need additional licences or endorsements to fly different types of aircraft.
4. Some employers may provide structured training for pilots and flight engineers.
5. To be a flight instructor, you need Transport Canada ratings and endorsements to provide instruction on different types of aircraft.
6. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma and almost 3 in 10 have a undergraduate unversity degree.