1. You may need a high school diploma and specialized training.
2. To be a landscaping and grounds maintenance labourer, you may need a licence to apply chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
3. To be a shellfish harvester, you need a commercial fishing licence.
4. To be an oil and gas drilling and servicing, logging or forestry labourer, you may need a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), safety and/or other certificates relevant to your area of work.
5. Many recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 3 in 10 have an undergraduate university degree.