1. You usually need some secondary school education, and you may need a high school diploma.
2. You usually need several years' experience as an assembler, fabricator, machine operator, tester, lead hand or inspector, or have performed other work in the same company or industry.
3. To become a supervisor in electronics manufacturing, you need a two-year college program in electronics or a related program.
4. To become a supervisor in the other manufacturing areas, you may need post-secondary education in a related field.
5. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma.