1. You usually need a university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology as well as several years' experience in construction, including time spent as a construction supervisor or field superintendent.
2. You may need a master's degree in project management.
3. If you have extensive experience in the construction industry, you may not need a college or university education.
4. Some employers may require you to have professional engineering status or construction trade certification.
5. Many recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 2 in 5 have a undergraduate unversity degree.