1. Required educational/training background will vary, depending on your area of work.
2. To be an underground mine service and support worker, you usually need a high school diploma, formal and on-the-job training as a helper or in a support occupation, and experience as a mine labourer.
3. You often need company licensing or certification. You may also obtain basic common core program certification in Ontario.
4. To be an oil and gas drilling worker or service operator, you need a high school diploma and first aid, hydrogen-sulphide awareness, blowout prevention or other safety certificates. You usually need industry experience as an assistant or labourer.
5. To be an oil and gas well services operator, you need training with experienced operators.
6. Most recent entrants have a community college diploma.