1. In general, you need an advanced university degree and several years' experience in your profession, field or industry. In some instances, you may substitute appropriate work experience for educational qualifications. Some may need supervisory experience.
2. To be a library manager, you must have a graduate degree in library and information science.
3. To be an archive manager, you need a graduate degree in archival science or history.
4. To be a museum or art gallery manager, you usually need a graduate degree related to arts administration.
5. To be a manager in publishing, motion pictures, or other performing arts, you need a university degree or college diploma in communications, journalism, broadcasting or another arts field.
6. To be a recreation and sports manager, you need a university degree in recreology, physical education, sports administration or a related field, or a college diploma in recreation or sports administration. You may need certification in an area such as coaching.
7. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.