To provide scholarship assistance for eligible students preparing for health care careers.
1. High school seniors graduating May 2012 with intent to pursue a post secondary degree in a health care field.
2. Applicants must have applied to, and plan to enroll in an accredited college/university.
3. Applicants must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 non-weighted scale.
Twelve $1,500 non-renewable scholarships will be awarded for the 2011-2012 academic year.
All application materials must be received in our office by Wednesday, February 15, 2012. No hand written, e-mailed or faxed documents will be accepted.
Award recipients will be notified by letter by Monday, March 19, 2012.
Applicants must assume responsibility for all requirements. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered.
1. Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from individuals other than family. Letters can be from a high school counselor, teacher, coach, principal, vice principal, clergy or employer).
2. Each recommendation letter must be in a sealed envelope with the authorís signature placed over the envelope flap.
3. Both sealed and signed letters of recommendation must accompany the application and not be sent separately.
4. Applicants must have sent a complete, official, school-issued high school transcript of grades (with official seal). Copies or unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
5. High School transcripts must be converted to a 4.0 scale.