1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma.
2. To be an airport security guard, you receive training from your employer.
3. If you work as a security guard for the federal government, you must be trained to Canadian General Standards Board standards. People in other security/guarding occupations may also get training.
4. If you are required to carry a firearm, you need a gun licence.
5. To be an armoured car driver, you need a driver's licence.
6. With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a senior security guard or supervisor.